Skip to content

Canada eTA

Electronic Travel Authorization Application Agency


If you are traveling in transit to another destination but traveling through Canada then you are required to apply for and have a valid eTA approval.

You still need to apply for a travel authorization through the eTA process even if you only have a layover in Canada on your journey to another destination.

For example, if you are traveling from the UK to Mexico via Toronto, a valid eTA is still required.

We have supplied a field in the eTA form to indicate this situation, and you should select “yes” if your travel to the Canada occurs in transit to another country.