If you are planning to study abroad and looking out for the best universities that are also situated in the right location then can choose the best university in Canada. The one country that is taking the lead and welcoming international students with open hearts is Canada. If you are still confused whether to select Canadian university for your higher education program or not then let’s first understand why International students always prefer the Canadian universities.
There are many reasons that attract students to Canadian universities. Canada is ranked as one of the top 10 places to live in the world, and it offers the best education system as well. Another important reason for the rise in international students in Canada is the low cost of education which is favorable for the students who have restricted financial supports. Canada is also regarded as the safest places in the world, and people from all around the world can live in Canada with peace. Students who study here also have the chance to get permanent citizenship and work permits. So, studying here is not just about getting educated, but you can also settle in Canada in the future.
Choose the best universities in Canada:
- McGill University: McGill University was established in 1821, and this is a 198 years old educational institute. It is one of the biggest non-profit public higher education institutions in Canada. There are many notable alumni’s who attained their degrees from this university. Canadian actor, William Shatner, Justin Pierre Trudeau 23rd prime minister of Canada, Leonard Cohen a popular lyrist, Julie Payette governor general of Canada, Brenda Milner, neuropsychologists are just some of the names in their alumni list. With the 33rd ranking in the world, it also has the best score of international students and university boasts about its alumni network all across the globe. It has another branch as well in the Ste. Anne de Bellevue. The university is also very big in terms of the number of students with 24% of international students 23% of graduates and the highest percentage of Ph.D. students in Canada.
- University of Toronto: the University of Toronto has been in the list of the top position in Canada since decades. This is also one of the oldest universities of Canada, and the milestone of the university was kept back in the year 1827. The university offers many courses and attracts local as well as international students. You need to have a very strong educational background if you want to study at this university.
- University of Alberta: it is one of the highest ranked educational institutes in Canada, and it ranks 109th in the world. The university is an economic driver of Alberta. Founded in the year 1908 the university is now recognized by Alberta Advanced Education. The university is 111 years old and one of the biggest co-educational institution in Canada. The University of Alberta is one of the top universities in Canada which is located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. They have a wide range of courses with more than 40,000 students. Nursing, engineering, and archeology are the best streams of this university.
- Queen’s University: founded in the year 1841 the Queen’s University is located in Kingston, Ontario and it ranks 10th in Canada. Dynamic professors, innovative teaching, and various courses to choose from are just a few of the reasons to take admission to Queen’s University. The campus of Queen’s University is one of the university is also very captivating that lies down in 99 acres of land. The university is home to 18 hostel, 6 campus libraries, Summer hill, new Queen’s School of Medicine, Grant Hall, the Kingston General Hospital and the Roselawn House. So they have all academic infrastructures for their students, and international students can also avail scholarships to continue their further studies.
- The University of British Columbia (UBC): The University of British Columbia is relatively new in comparison to the above-mentioned institutions as it was established in the year 1908. The university is placed in the city of Vancouver, British Columbia which is one of the striking locations in Canada. One of the branches of the university lies in the Kelowna. The main campus of Vancouver is surrounded by many beaches, and the university also houses numerous gardens. You will find the oldest and the largest garden, UBC botanical garden inside the university campus. The university has 56 courses, and it has 25% of the foreign national students. The size of the campus is 988 acres. There are more than 3 lack alumni’s of a university who are living in the various countries of the world and some of them are notable personalities as well. MBA MS, BE/B. Tech, BBA are the main courses of the university, and the duration of all these courses is mostly from 1 to 3 years. You are also eligible for scholarship on the basis of your percentage. You can easily apply in university via an online application from any corner of the world, but you must have scored a minimum of 70% to get admission in this university.
Some other popular university in Canada, especially among foreign National, are University De Montreal, Mc Master University, University of Waterloo, Western University, University of Calgary, University of Ottawa, York University, Memorial universities of new found land, Carleton University, Dalhousie University. All these universities have a rich historical background, and many famous scientists, writers, technicians, politicians, engineers, artists and doctors have built their career here. Once you pass out from these universities, you can get some of the best job opportunities not only in Canada but in the world.
So now you can choose the best Canadian university for your further studies, and you can search for them online to know more about. But each of these universities has their own admission rules and regulations, so you need to clear their minimum admission criteria to get the chance. To know more about their admission process, you can search them online, and you can directly apply through their official websites.