Staying in a nice hotel can change a visitor’s perception of a city in a very positive way. While Canada is a beautiful country with numerous attractions, staying in a nice hotel can’t hurt either. Some of the top hotel chains in the world such as Four Seasons and Fairmont are Canadian. Travel publications such as Condé Nast and Travel & Leisure and Tripadvisor.com have come out with a list of the best hotels in Canada based on their readers or members input. To enjoy some of the wonderful properties on the list remember that you must apply online for your Canada eTA prior to arriving in Canada.
Below is the list and is not listed by order or by ranking:
1. Wickaninnish Inn. This property is located in a beach in the Pacific Coast of Vancouver Island and is consistently ranked as one of the top hotels in North America. The beachfront setting surrounded by pine trees is stunning and its restaurant The Pointe is regarded as one of the best in Canada.
2. Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. This historic property is located in front of Lake Louise in Alberta and enjoys a wonderful setting surrounded by mountains and by thick forests. There are endless activities year round from skiing in the winter to hiking and cycling in the summer.
3. Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac. Located in historic Quebec City, this hotel is the emblem of the city and arguably one of Canada’s with its superb architecture. Dating from 1893 the property has recently been completely renovated while keeping its historical character in place. The Sunday brunch is famous for being outstanding.
4. Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver. This hotel is centrally located in Canada’s coolest city and offers unparalleled elegance and impeccable service. Its bar/restaurant Yew is one of Vancouver’s top places and where the city’s elite like to gather.
5. Fairmont Chateau Whistler. Located in Canada’s most famous winter ski resort, the hotel offers unrivaled amenities including ski in ski out facilities and a Robert Trent designed golf course. A highly recommended destination for those interested in the outdoors or winter sports.
6. Park Hyatt Toronto. This classic hotel is located in Toronto’s downtown area and in close proximity to the Royal Ontario Museum. The rooms are tastefully decorated with extremely comfortable beds. The Roof Lounge offers a magnificent view of the Toronto skyline including of the famous CN Tower.
Canada offers hotels of all ranges and categories and staying in one of the ones listed above will not necessarily make your Canadian stay better than if you stay at a budget hotel. The hotels above are clearly remarkable hotels and a stay in one of them is a complete experience in an of itself. With the summer fast approaching visiting Canada is more appealing than ever so plan ahead and apply for your Canada eTA to enjoy a great summer break in beautiful Canada.